Tear gas is used both by the police for crowd control and by individuals for self-defense. Trauma Scene Cleanup is Vancouver’s trusted CS gas cleanup service:
- Trained to handle any environment and neutralise affected areas.
- Efficient, reliable service restoring your property its original state.
- We have more certified Bio-Recovery Technicians than any biohazard company in British Columbia.
How Does Tear Gas Work?
There are three kinds of tear gas:
- CN (chloroacetophenone)
- CS (chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile)
- OC / Pepper spray (oleoresin capsicum)– made from chilli peppers mixed with a vehicle like corn oil.
Tear gas in the form of CN or CS, is often used by law enforcement when they are faced with a combative crowd. Both CN and CS are irritants, they irritate mucous membranes in the eyes, nose, mouth and lungs and cause tearing, sneezing and coughing. Pepper spray is an inflammatory agent that causes inflammation in the eyes, nose and mouth.
Because tear gas is launched in the form of grenades or aerosol cans making the liquid an aerosol, its clean up requires specific technical steps be taken in order to effectively remediate the residue and air space left behind after its discharge.
Professional CS Gas Clean Up
TSCU staff are trained to deal with tear gas and have procedures to neutralise affected areas, even in the most complicated situations.
Get in contact with us to get a free consultation and schedule your next service.